I mentioned Wordle.net a while back. It's a way to create 'word clouds' from text. It occurred to me this afternoon that it would be neat to put course descriptions in from the catalog for each major. I tried a couple of them, shown below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I was going to entitle this piece "critical thinking squared" as a cute way to imply critical thinking about critical thinking, b...
-
Inside Higher Ed today has a piece on " The Rise of Edupunk ." I didn't find much new in the article, except that perhaps mai...
-
Sign, sign Everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery Breakin' my mind Do this, don't do that Can't you read the sign? -...
-
The annual NACUBO report on tuition discounts was covered in Inside Higher Ed back in April, including a figure showing historical rates. (...
-
I just came across a 2007 article by Daniel T. Willingham " Critical Thinking: Why is it so hard to teach? " Critical thinking is ...
-
Here's a thought experiment. Imagine for a moment that there were no end-of-semester grades. No mad rush to see who graduated so we can...
-
A friend gave me a desk calendar with daily puzzles. Usually the numerical ones are easy, but last Friday the one above came up, and I co...
-
(A parable for academic workers and those who direct their activities) by David W. Kammler, Professor Mathematics Department Southern Illino...
-
There was a question on the ASSESS email list about evaluating grade distributions for courses. It's an interesting topic, and I dug out...
-
In 1981 , Reagan's Secretary of Education commissioned a report that became the 1983 A Nation at Risk: the Imperative for Educational Re...
No comments:
Post a Comment