Higher Ed/
Thursday, May 28, 2009
The Invention, Part Three (comic)
[Previous comic]
[Next comic]
Photo credit (first panel)
Garrettc
(second and fourth panels):
Kaptain Kobold
,
(third panel)
Josh Bancroft
, (fifth and last panels)
bjornmeansbear
This comic may be distributed under
Creative Commons
.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recursive Critical Thinking
I was going to entitle this piece "critical thinking squared" as a cute way to imply critical thinking about critical thinking, b...
EduPunk and the Matthew Effect
Inside Higher Ed today has a piece on " The Rise of Edupunk ." I didn't find much new in the article, except that perhaps mai...
Do this, Don't do that
Sign, sign Everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery Breakin' my mind Do this, don't do that Can't you read the sign? -...
Why Discount Rates Only Go Up
The annual NACUBO report on tuition discounts was covered in Inside Higher Ed back in April, including a figure showing historical rates. (...
Teaching Critical Thinking
I just came across a 2007 article by Daniel T. Willingham " Critical Thinking: Why is it so hard to teach? " Critical thinking is ...
Getting Rid of Grades
Here's a thought experiment. Imagine for a moment that there were no end-of-semester grades. No mad rush to see who graduated so we can...
Pattern Matching
A friend gave me a desk calendar with daily puzzles. Usually the numerical ones are easy, but last Friday the one above came up, and I co...
The Well Intentioned Commissar
(A parable for academic workers and those who direct their activities) by David W. Kammler, Professor Mathematics Department Southern Illino...
Grade Transition Maps
There was a question on the ASSESS email list about evaluating grade distributions for courses. It's an interesting topic, and I dug out...
Course Evaluations and Learning Outcomes
I've posted recently about some of our course evaluation statistics, and the effect of going from paper to electronic. A while back I a...
No comments:
Post a Comment