My article on HigherEd BlogCon is here. It's a tongue-in-cheek account of getting the library and IT to play nice together to help us through accreditation and other natural disasters.
I also have an article on the Commission on the Future of Higher Education and its talk of standardized testing. This article is slated to appear in the June edition of U. Business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I was going to entitle this piece "critical thinking squared" as a cute way to imply critical thinking about critical thinking, b...
-
Inside Higher Ed today has a piece on " The Rise of Edupunk ." I didn't find much new in the article, except that perhaps mai...
-
Sign, sign Everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery Breakin' my mind Do this, don't do that Can't you read the sign? -...
-
The annual NACUBO report on tuition discounts was covered in Inside Higher Ed back in April, including a figure showing historical rates. (...
-
I just came across a 2007 article by Daniel T. Willingham " Critical Thinking: Why is it so hard to teach? " Critical thinking is ...
-
Here's a thought experiment. Imagine for a moment that there were no end-of-semester grades. No mad rush to see who graduated so we can...
-
A friend gave me a desk calendar with daily puzzles. Usually the numerical ones are easy, but last Friday the one above came up, and I co...
-
(A parable for academic workers and those who direct their activities) by David W. Kammler, Professor Mathematics Department Southern Illino...
-
There was a question on the ASSESS email list about evaluating grade distributions for courses. It's an interesting topic, and I dug out...
-
I've posted recently about some of our course evaluation statistics, and the effect of going from paper to electronic. A while back I a...
No comments:
Post a Comment